Wednesday 30 November 2016

Raspberry Pi 3 - a brief encounter

Let me give you a brief experience of my first time hearing about RPi. Did my research, and found that RPi works best on Linux. For me, it was a such a big deal. Using Windows all my life, suddenly trying Linux, I wasn't confident.
                                              Image result for windows linux



Using RPi was like the hardest decision in myt engineering years. Being in engineering course, you're gonna have to learn something new eventually. So, I've decided to give it a try. There was alot of articles available online on how to boot up RPi. Guess internet saves the day after all.

Bundled with Linux for RPi, came python. Learning a new programming language in such a short period of time with only the internet as your teacher, it a bit hard. But it wasn't so hard like C# or C. Python uses simple English commands, less special characters.

                                                 Image result for python

Luckily, all the resources were available for python. With a simple import of a library, all the functions could be enabled, both hardware and software.

So, using the resources, step-by-step progress was visible. It was a hard process as nothing was predictable. Eventually, my project was successful. Now I can put LINUX under my resume together with other few OS.

No comments:

Post a Comment