Wednesday 30 November 2016

Raspberry Pi 3 Specs

For my project, I used RPi 2. The requirement for my project was WIFI. I had to use an external modem to connect to a network. Sometimes the external modem will not work. Due to the inconsistency, it was hard for me to predict what might work and what might not.



The latest release of RPi 3 is a lot better than the one I've used. Here are the specifications for it.

                          Pi_3_Model_B


  • A 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARMv8 CPU
  • 802.11n Wireless LAN
  • Bluetooth 4.1
  • Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
  • 1GB RAM
  • 4 USB ports
  • 40 GPIO pins
  • Full HDMI port
  • Ethernet port
  • Combined 3.5mm audio jack and composite video
  • Camera interface (CSI)
  • Display interface (DSI)
  • Micro SD card slot (now push-pull rather than push-push)
  • VideoCore IV 3D graphics core

RPi 3 has all the wireless connectivity in-built. No external devices are required for it. No extra drivers to be installed. Just have to import a library and then enable it. It's that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment